The following is a list of parishes currently without OPC Cover. If anyone one would like to adopt a parish from the list then let Teresa Lewis know and she will send you further details. Larger parishes could be split if required.
PAGE UPDATED 12th April 2017
- Alderbury All Cannings Alderton Alvediston Ansty Ashley Ashton Keynes Avebury
- Baverstock Baydon Beechingstoke Bemerton Berwick Bassett Berwick St. James Berwick St. John Berwick St. Leonard Biddestone Bishops Cannings Bishopstrow & Boreham Blunsdon St. Andrew Box Boyton with Corton Bremilham (Cowage) Brixton Deverill Broad Blunsdon Broad Hinton Brokenborough Bromham with Sandy Lane Broughton Gifford Bulkington Burbage Buttermere
- Castle Eaton Charlton (Malmesbury) Charlton St. Peter (Pewsey) Chicklade Chippenham Chirton Chiseldon with Draycote Foliat Chitterne Chittoe Chute with Chute Forest Codford Compton Bassett Compton Chamberlayne Corsham Coulston Crudwell
- Dauntsey Derry Hill with Pewsham Dinton Donhead St. Andrew Downton with Standlynch Draycot Cerne Durrington
- East Kennett East Knoyle Easterton Easton Grey Edington Eisey Erlestoke Etchilhampton Everleigh
- Figheldean Fittleton Fonthill Bishop Fonthill Gifford Foxley Froxfield Fugglestone St. Peter Fyfield
- Garsdon Great Cheverell
- Ham Hannington Hardenhuish Heddington Heytesbury Highway Hill Deverill Hilperton Hindon Huish Hullavington Hungerford
- Kemble Kingston Deverill Kingswood Kington Langley Kington St. Michael Knook
- Lacock with Bowden Hill Langley Burrell Latton Lea & Cleverton Leigh Leigh Delamere Liddington Limpley Stoke Little Cheverell Little Somerford Littleton Drew Long Newnton Luckington Ludgershall Lydiard Millicent & Lydiard Tregoze Lyneham
- Maddington Malmesbury Marden Marlborough Marston Meysey Martin Mildenhall Minety Monkton Deverill Monkton Farleigh
- Nettleton Nomansland North Wraxall with Ford Norton Coleparle Norton Bavant Nunton & Bodenham
- Oaksey Ogbourne St. Andrew Ogbourne St. George Orcheston St. George Orcheston St. Mary Overton
- Patney Pertwood Pitton & Farley Plaitford with Melchet Park Poole Keynes Poulshot Poulton Preshute Purton with Braydon
- Rodbourne Cheney with Haydon Wick Rollestone Rushall
- Savernake with Cadley Seagry Sedgehill Seend Semley Shalbourne Sherrington Sherston Magna Shorncote Shrewton Slaughterford Somerford Keynes Sopworth South Damerham South Newton South Wraxall Southbroom Stanton St. Bernard Stanton St. Quintin Stapleford Stert Stockton Stratford Tony Sutton Mandeville Swindon (can be split into smaller parishes)
- Tidcombe with Hippenscombe Tilshead Tockenham Tollard Royal Tytherton Kellaways Tytherton Lucas
- Upavon Upton Lovell Upton Scudamore Urchfont
- Wanborough West Dean West Kington West Knoyle West Wellow Westport St. Mary Whiteparish Whitsbury Wilcot with Oare Wingfield Winsley Winterbourne Bassett Winterbourne Dauntsey Winterbourne Earls Winterbourne Gunner Winterbourne Monkton Winterbourne Stoke Wootton Bassett Wylye
- Yatesbury Yatton Keynell
There are other positions within the team available too.
- Census Co-Ordinator
- Hall of Fame Co-ordinator
- Soldiers Biographies Researcher(s)
- Various miscellaneous tasks
- Diary Manager
To volunteer you do not need to live in Wiltshire, or even in the UK. We have OPCs and Volunteers in Australia, Canada, Holland, England, New Zealand, India, Scotland and several in Wiltshire itself! Some OPC’s choose to adopt a particular parish because their ancestors hailed from that village or town or because they once lived there themselves; some just want to be part of a voluntary project to help family history researchers worldwide. Others choose their parish because of a subject interest. Once you adopt a parish then you become its custodian by researching and building on the resources on the parish page. Even if a parish is adopted then other contributors are still welcome to submit items for inclusion.
You may feel you don’t have the time to adopt a parish, but you can still support the Wiltshire OPC project by:-
- donating information you may have at home – school photographs, directories, village history booklets – in fact, any historical information on a Wiltshire parish
- transcribing – we can email records to you to transcribe at home at your own pace. Also small projects are available for those who would like to help.
- taking photographs in Wiltshire – war memorials, buildings, village scenes, plaques, etc.
You do not need to spend hours at a time working on the project. A few minutes at a time can provide masses of information.
Our motto “What is or is not of interest to you will be of interest to someone”
To volunteer for any of the OPC Vacancies or the admin positions please contact Teresa Lewis via the website Wiltshire OPC Project